The End is Soon.
Five days of summer left. How depressing.
Friday I was able to get in and see my advisor, and get my last few credits that I needed. I also gave my schedule to the Human Resource department, so they could let my teachers know about Pompei. Last it worked out perfectly and I don’t expect anything different this time around.
The schedule breakdown would be this:
Fall 2010
ENGL 1010 - English Composition 1
3 Credit Hours
Tuesday & Thursday - 4:00PM - 5:20PM
Photography 2
3 Credit Hours
Thursday - 6:15PM - 9:15PM
Intro to Studio Photography
3 Credit Hours
Friday - 12:25PM - 3:35PM
Photography Portfolio 1 Begins November 11th
1 Credit Hour
Wednesday 2:35-5:35PM
Digital Imaging and Workflow
3 Credit Hours
Friday - 9:10AM - 12:05PM
At first glance, it looks like this has the potential to be a relatively easy semester…despite the long class hours. I am happy to report, that I didn’t get “the teacher” from last year, in any of those classes, which I am eternally grateful for. I don’t know if I could have done two semesters of him.
I have had “bad” teachers twice in the past, and it was not fun. At. All. *shudders*
Thankfully I was able to skip the “Introduction to Mac” class, which was basically teaching me how to use an Apple Computer and Adobe software, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but I was able to convince the instructor, that not only had I taken two Computer Art classes, which basically covered what he was talking about, but owned a Mac, so he said, he just sign that one off before I graduated.
That makes me happy, since I hate taking “filler” classes.
To tell you the truth, I am still scared about putting my photos out there for critiquing once again. Last year, I found out that I am an extreme visual learner, and having my photo teacher, give me text assignments, without any examples of what he meant, made it hard for me, to feel confident in..Anything..I turned in. But all I can do is my best.
Which brings me to a few things last semester taught me. Although I have been in college…a long, long, long time… 7 semesters, I still find myself, learning different things that may help me.
- Homework First.
- I’m a procrastinator, and the harder the assignment the longer I put it off.
- Proper sleep and eating habits
- Push myself
- Work Hard
- Schedule and stick too it!
- Especially with my three little munchkins, I have to make sure they get the proper amount of attention…so I can concentrate on my assignments more.
- Write, write, and write some more. :) Read what is needed. :) Which does not equal too what is required. Cause sometimes what is required is not needed. See? :)
Last semester, though extremely stressful, was a good one and I hope this one will be the same.
2 comments:
I could have made that list myself (minus number 7, as I only have one little munchkin, and she's any but a schedule follower, hehe)...
Really though, that list is something I really need to take to heart, and I'm glad someone else said it, haha. Makes me feel like I'm not alone, lol.
Have a great semester! :)
Looks like you are going to be pretty busy!! Those seem like they would be fun classes to take! Good luck!
Post a Comment