Why do you hate me? Today started out so good, I was looking forward to relaxing day of cleaning, shopping, hanging out with friends, and playing with my dogs. Is that too much to ask? I even went to bed early last night, because I wanted to get some more sleep.
I couldn't even sleep till 10am, before I received a phone call that will possibly change the next six months. And of ALL PEOPLE, my dad had to be the one to break the news too me.
First a little back history. I am a relatively good driver, I haven't had any major accidents, and only one speeding ticket in the two years I have been driving. I'm not normally a fast driver, but the one day I do exceed my fastest 70-75mph is the day I get caught.
On my way back from Florida, last year I got a ticket for speeding. obviously. Going...over 80 miles in a 70 mile and our zone. I cried, I slapped myself, I paid the ticket and moved on.
Had I known another shoe would drop, I would have been very very anxious. But I didn't. Until today.
Apparently due to me "Driving in excess of 80mph in a zone where 70mph was the maximum limit" my license will be suspended for the next six.months.
From now until February 2011. SIX MONTHS. August, September, October, November, December, January and February. 8-O.
Driving is something I have defiantly taken for granted. But is this the ONLY way to make me appreciate it?? Requested a hearing and am hoping to be able to get a restricted license that allows me to drive to work and school at least.
Ugh. I am so annoyed, though I'm sure my family will be glad to have the extra vehicle to use. :(((
Thanks a lot 2010.

3 comments:
Oh wow! That seems very extreme! I got a ticket for going 82 in a 65 and paid my ticket and moved on, no suspended or restricted license. That seems very very extreme to me and a little ridiculous to suspend your license for 6 months! I'm so sorry and understand it causing you to have a bad day :-(
Oh no!!! That sounds just horrible. I don't understand why paying the fine wasn't enough of a punishment. That stinks so bad.
Thanks for linking up, sorry it was for such a lousy reason.
That doesn't even make sense to me! Why would your license get suspended if you already paid the fine? Silly people!
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It seems really unfair.
Post a Comment