According to the news today, a 14-year-old boy from Colorado fell off the pedestrian bridge at the Arena on UT's Campus last night.(Wednesday) This bridge is about thirty feet in the air and has chest high railings/walls on all sides.
According to my co-workers who were there at the time of the accident, said "child" jumped over the railing, apparently he thought there was ground on the other side....so he jumped.
Now two fractured arms later, he is realizing his mistake.
He is an extremely blessed little boy, as he could have landed in the middle of traffic instead of on the sidewalk.
I was pretty freaked out as I worked that same area tonight,(Thursday) I spent a lot of time trying think through why i was feeling freaked, and to calm my self down. But I kept thinking....
What if I had decided to work overtime LAST night
What if I had been the one to witness him go over the edge
What did the kid think once he realized there was no ground on the other side
What did his parents think as they watched their child plunge over the side
What if another child goes over the edge tonight
What if he had died?
All I can say is...Parents? Watch your kids..not matter what age.
ESPECIALLY when you are 3 stories up!
Cause I can totally see my 13 year old brother doing something equally stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment