3.23.2010

Ranting..You Have Been Warned


There is so much on my mind I don't know where to start at all.

We'll just start with Monday, this topic is controversial, so feel free to skip.

Health Care. 

I vote independent and I am a conservative.
Roomie and I stayed up Sunday night, and watched the Healthcare vote, over the internet. I couldn't sleep for at least two hours afterwards tossing and turning, worried what the future will hold.

I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life about something government is doing. The things my country was based on …FREEDOM, the thing my ancestors fought for..is slowly being taken away. When is it legal to force someone to buy something?

Sure I believe that healthcare is a needed thing, but at the same time it's not a right, sort of like driving a car. As all good driving instructors yell at you, as your are sitting in the middle of an intersection..Driving is a privilege, not a right! 

Speaking of cars, I know that car insurance is required…but there are so many nuts jobs out there that can and will harm myself and my family it's something that is needed. Last time I checked me not having healthcare, will not negatively affect someone else. 

I also have a friend, who has a daughter with cystic fibrosis. You want to know what our loving government has done with her insurance? Mind you this is just when they were talking about this bill... completely cut it off. Thankfully God stepped in and someone was able to start helping them get her meds through July, but you know her parents are scared silly about what their future will hold. I have other friends with special needs kids that are worried about the same thing. I hope and pray this is not the situation all over the country.

Another reason, I'm not "for HCR" is because I really don't believe its going to do what it says it's going to do. Think of all the school programs, and other government programs, that were supposed to do "great things" for our country, and have failed? I just don't believe it. 


Not to mention that I really don't want to pay for everyone else health care. I don't see how forcing me to buy something I can't afford will make it more affordable??



I really want to believe that this will be better for us,I will happily eat my words, if this turns out to be better than we hope..but have my extreme doubts, that it will be good for the country overall.


I must remember that one God is in charge, and he's the best healthcare a body can ever want.


School

Ok Photog teach, is seriously cramping my style. Monday we get into class. He shows us some commercial photography by his students from another class. We comment, and question about what makes the picture good or bad in his opinion. (We are such good students).. "Oh this is much to advanced for you" One guy goes, but maybe it will give us some ideas.. "No…you guys don't need to know this right now." 
I'm sure my eye brows shot up, and my mouth hung open. Insulting much???
Then he went on to let us know we were all due for a pop-quiz he knew we were going to fail. And guess what? WE DID!! 
I tried to ask a question, and he didn't even stop to listen to my full question, so I just wrote something down, and sat down. After that he read to us a chapter from a "famous" photographers biography, about a time he'd gone up a mountian with 9 rolls of film, and shot 8 of them on the way up their, and on the 9th, got a world famous shot. 


That is what he called inspiring.


Then handed us an assignment to complete, and sent us on our way.


...I'm so skipping class tomorrow.

I'm sure I have a ton of other stuff on the brain, but that is all for tonight. 




ET


No comments: