Almost done, only a lot of little stuff left to move, but I officially stayed in my new house for the first time last night. The mildew smell was a little difficult to get by, but we survived..
Almost.
I now pity the Princess in the Princess in the Pea. Sleeping on two mattresses was HOR-RI-BLE. My back hurt so badly when I got up this morning. I can't imagine what it would have felt like with a pea on top of a 100 or so mattresses. LOL!
I am a homebody. While I don't dislike traveling, I really dislike traveling. Especially if it means leaving my dogs. Well ok I take that back, I don't mind leaving them if I know they are in good hands, last year during our trip to Florida, I was miserable the entire time, knowing my dogs were at home alone. Since then I'll board them, and have been fine, knowing someone was there with them 24/7.
But I digress.
Being a homebody, even something as simple as changing houses is a little mentally ......traumatic....Now I'm having to create a new sense of normal in this place. Its a creakier house It was a little difficult to get to sleep, one being hyped up on caffeine didn't help my energy level, so i cleaned and put stuff away for at least an hour or so after coming in.
Than finally settled the dogs and attempted sleep. Pompei was crated in the "Dog Room" and Bubbles and Texas were in bed with me. (Guide dog puppies are not allowed on the furniture)
Didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 7AM. ON a SATURDAY.
And of course that means Bubbles has to get up, walk around the room, and go to the door to be let out. Me opening the bedroom door awakens Pompei all the way on the other side of the house, and he starts screaming. Of course Texas can't just stay in bed with all the excitment going on outside, and hops up and runs out the door with the gang.
We are doing some serious door-waiting-work with these guys, as I just can't have them doing the mad dash.
So that happened, and I herd everyone back into my room, to see if I can catch at least one more hour of sleep. Thankfully everyone settled back down quickly..and Pompei didn't destroy anything..(that I know of) and I woke up two hours later with a the previously mentioned back ache.
Since my refrigorater is STILL in my other house, I fed the dogs and wandered aimlessly around trying to figure out WHERE to start in this mess.
I eventually got dressed, got my bed room squared away, tackled the bathroom, took the dogs on another potty break; more wandering before going back to my house to check my email and such like.
Spent about two hours cleaning over there and surfing the net before doing some more hauling, taking and apart, and putting together, with the help of my ginormous puppy.
Somewhere during this time I realized I could get my parents wireless on my work laptop. Ka-ChINg! (Another $50 stays in my bank)
NOt much got done after that....the internet is seriously distracting to me.
I finally pried myself away, and loaded Pompsters into the car, and we did some shopping; wore him out got something to eat and came back home.
Now I'm just trying to keep from having to go to bed. I may just sleep on the bed in my office (eeeek that is so fun to say hee hee) ...we'll see.
Valentines day? Don't really care overly much about it; that's one Holiday my future husband will not have to worry about with me. Maybe my friends and I will go out to eat after Church.
Speaking friends, two of them will actually be moving into my old place, so we'll be neighbors! Woot!

1 comment:
So happy to hear you're settling in! I'm not much of a travel person, either. I mean, I like it and it's fun and while I'm usually not happy to leave vacation/unreality...it's nice to come home, especially when you come home to your dogs!
Post a Comment