2.20.2010

And Just Like That....

Just when you think life is about to settle down, that you'd be able to get a routine in place...you hit another curve in the track.

So I moved into a bigger place right? Well a dear friend of mine, texts me this afternoon, asking me to call her. My friends and I don't talk to each other on the phone. None of us like talking on the phone, so we either text/email/im etc...

Her sister and I had gone to seen a play for my theater class, and were on our way back from that, when i received this ominous message. So I called her and we played phone tag for a little bit, before finally connecting.
 
She rambled on for bit (i think the sun she was lying in was getting to her) before launching into a long story, about how she would be needing to move out. By this time I guessed what she was asking, and got her to the point of her call. (We are nice to each other. For Real!)


 For now, its a tempory 6-month thing, and since I'm in a three bedroom house...I have room. My computer won't have its own room anymore, but I think it will survive.

So for the next six months we'll find out just how good of friends we are.  Truthfully I don't really care about having another person here. C and I are very much alike in a lot of ways, so this will be interesting...or very interesting. ;)

What's funny is her sister and our other friend (R & H) are moving into the house next door, so we'll probably be seeing a lot more of each other.

 So my quiet blog followers, anyone have stories of what its like to go from "rooming" with your family, to having a roommate?

Did it make you better friends?

Lemme know!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of you to let her live with you! I don't have any good rooming stories, but I was an only child so I just think I don't play well with others when it comes to sharing a home. I'm sure if you guys are good friends and talk about what to expect up front, it will turn out great!

Kristen said...

I'm thinking it might be interesting to set up a web cam in there... Erin+Christina+ Dogs? = A very interesting/entertaining thing. :P