10.18.2009

This week in the Life of Erin - 10/18

This weeks theme song. I <3 Veggie Tales



I'm baby...er..puppy-sitting a 5 month old, poodle named Mensa. She's a guide dog in training with the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind. The organization I used to volunteer with/ hope to volunteer with in the future some day.

That brings my "pack" up to 5 dogs for this week....once you hit four dogs, another one really doesn't hit the radar screen. My dogs keep her busy, and I just make sure she eats and potties OUTSIDE.

Tomorrow another kennel day, my puppy Titus and I are going to work really hard on him holding his "down" command for more that 2 seconds. And than Make sure he knows all of his other commands before our "test".

If I'm lucky I'll get to be there when our two newest Bouviers des Flandres (Boo-Vee-Air don't even ask about the last part) pups arrive.

Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be at UT back to back, I hate leaving the pups for two days in a row, but they'll survive. Also have a puppy class with Victoria's sister Willow, so which means a later home arrival.

Thursday back out at the Kennels and another puppy class with a Golden-doodle named Noah.

Friday back at UT.

Saturday back out at the Kennels.

Sunday - Church, and meet with Mensa's raisers halfway between NC and TN. 

Week after that its time for the dreaded swap. Where all the trainers at my job switch dogs again....But on a happy note, my friends and are starting our S.H.O.E (Shopping/Hanging Out/Eating...I think) meetings up again something we've been sorely in need of since we only see each other in passing at church. *sadness*

This week I only have one goal.

GET THROUGH IT!!!

No comments: