Life is back in the slow lane again, and it feels sooo good!! But anyways, had one of the funnest, wettest, busiest weekends...Saturday rather.
Normally after camp meeting we have a big picnic with all of our out of town guests. The weather stations had been reporting rain, rain, rain all day Saturday, but some of us...ok me, was very optimistic that it would be beautiful day.
Needless to say my hopes were squashed at the sound of pounding rain in the morning. Which immediately made me decide that Ira would need to sit out this picnic, (which was to go on rain or shine) After waiting about an hour after it was scheduled to start, we loaded up on umbrellas and towels, and headed out in the rain.
Which was still POURING DOWN. Everyone was huddled under shelter, eating, talking and having a great time.
Eventually some decided that a little water wouldn't hurt them and dove outside to play volleyball. While we (smart ones) stayed under the shelter and watched the park turn into a lake...or a ratha large pond.
Once everyone was throughly water logged, we made plans to do something INSIDE later, and I split for work.
Two hours later was on my way to Gatlinburg TN, to go Ice Skating!! I have never been, but used to roller-blade Alllll the time. It took some getting used to the thin blade of the skate but once I did, it was fun!
Once they kicked us off the ice...(they were closing) we all walked around the Bass Pro Shop...massive all things camping-fishing-hunting-store......it had Starbucks..:)
I headed home ASAP as I was seriously dragging and my dogs had suffered another day crated, so I went home exercised them and crashed.
A Great day IMO.
Normally after camp meeting we have a big picnic with all of our out of town guests. The weather stations had been reporting rain, rain, rain all day Saturday, but some of us...ok me, was very optimistic that it would be beautiful day.
Needless to say my hopes were squashed at the sound of pounding rain in the morning. Which immediately made me decide that Ira would need to sit out this picnic, (which was to go on rain or shine) After waiting about an hour after it was scheduled to start, we loaded up on umbrellas and towels, and headed out in the rain.Which was still POURING DOWN. Everyone was huddled under shelter, eating, talking and having a great time.
Eventually some decided that a little water wouldn't hurt them and dove outside to play volleyball. While we (smart ones) stayed under the shelter and watched the park turn into a lake...or a ratha large pond.
Once everyone was throughly water logged, we made plans to do something INSIDE later, and I split for work.
Two hours later was on my way to Gatlinburg TN, to go Ice Skating!! I have never been, but used to roller-blade Alllll the time. It took some getting used to the thin blade of the skate but once I did, it was fun!

I headed home ASAP as I was seriously dragging and my dogs had suffered another day crated, so I went home exercised them and crashed.
A Great day IMO.

No comments:
Post a Comment