1.06.2009

Home Sweet Home

This week, the thought that has been mainly on my mind is this:
"What Makes a House Home?"
I've looked at our current house. We leave in a three level house, 4 1/2 Bedrooms, 2 full 2 half baths, Kitchen, Breakfast Room, Living Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Office. Two Car Garage. Finished Basement.

To you reading this, its just another house "statistics"...but to me its home. But Why?

After thinking about it this week, this is what I've come up with.

Home = Love, Comfort, Relaxing, Peace, A Haven.

Its not really my things, even though, my bed would defiantly be in that ranking. lol. Its not the structure of the house, or what the....qualifications of the house. Its the people, the love, and the memories that are in the place.

Its the place I look forward to coming after a hard days work; the place I can unwind and be myself, the place where I don't have to put on a front or try and be someone/something I'm not.
*Which is not to say that I do that, but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.*

In less then two weeks, I'll have the opportunity to create myself a new home, in a new city.
It will take time, because when you uproot yourself from somewhere, that you figure you are going to be "planted" its not easy. Sort of like pulling an oak tree up by the roots.

I have spent a year and a half "grieving" and trying my best to stay rooted here; but God has other plans! Soo I have decided to make the best of the situation I'm in, and just take it on day at a time. I'll be living by myself for a little while at least, in a home that's less then ideal...but its a roof, it keeps the rain out; and I'll just have to make it MY home.

As soon as I can get it aired out thoroughly....as of now I can't be in it for long due to the musty smell. But I digress.

That being sad, I am now officially back to the college student status! Wooot!!!!!
I decided to go back to AB-Tech, and do online classes there, because I am already in the system, already know my advisor..etc..etc..
An email and two phone calls later I was all set for this semestor!! I'm only taking two classes - Web 115 - Web Markup and Scripting and CIS 115- Introduction to Programming and Logic.
I am semi excited....I'm glad to have some TO DO again, but also saddened that my free time to just do whatever is now gone. Granted since I'm quitting my job, I'll have more free time then normal, but that is not the point.

Also to help take up some of my time, I'm trying to work on this:
Project 52 banner

A lot of people are starting the Photo-A-Day projects, or the 365 photos..etc.. And I had good intentions as well... but I'm having a hard time deviating from my normal subjects.

Dogs.

So I thought I'd participate in this Project 52, we're posting a photo a week according to the topic! Pretty easy.

I'm sure I'll drop out soon, but one of my goals this year, is to start something and STICK TO IT, so I'm going to TRY my hardest!!
This weeks topic is: Happiness, and while this is not the photo I submitted...I found it looking through my camera and had to post it. :D
Happiness = Sonic
::Big GRIN::
Have an AwEsOme day!

TTFN

Erin

No comments: