As I drive to work each morning, I typically pass no less than 5 people out jogging, walking, running, biking, skateboarding etc.. some look fit, while others look like they are taking control of their lives one step at a time.
The woman I passed this morning, made me want to give her a smile and thumbs up, she looked hot, sweaty but determined to get her work out in. I didn't though. I should have.
There is nothing quite like sitting in an office for eight hours that is more motivation for exercise. For me at least. I've been here three weeks already and I'm conspiring ways to get up and move more. That and my love affair with caffeine is at an all time high and i'm not loving the effects of that.
Not to mention, the hours make it more convenient to think about these types of things.
So the question is "what" do I want to take up?
I've been really attracted to Yoga lately. Not sure why exactly, perhaps it has to the do with the lack of sweat that most Yogaites seem to demonstrate, and I would really like to become more fle.xible...(DON'T let your mind run) But I'd have to find a class, and pay for it and etc.. so maybe not.
Zumba sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I'll be the only person under 40. (stereotyping I know. I'm sorry!)
Spinning .... there's that...
And of course there is always running. Long time readers know that I trained for a 5k back in 2012, and subsequently ran four 5ks since then. Running bores me however, maybe it was just running a track, or maybe it was my running partner moved away, maybe it was the change of jobs we both experienced, and the subsequent schedule change.
Whatever the ultimate reason, I haven't really wanted to pick it back up until now.

Now I have a whole campus just waiting to be ran, and a canine companion that needs the exercise.
But do I really want to get back into that hot, sweaty, side stitching, leg cramping, knee killing, breath stealing exercise?
That, my friend, is the question.

No comments:
Post a Comment