Love in the Balanceby Regina Jennings
Genre: Christian Romance, Historical Romance
Medium: Kindle Book
Date Read: March 28, 2013
Stars: ★★★★☆
Stars: ★★★★☆
Reviewed for: Bethany House Publishers
Molly Lovelace dreams of a life without cares in Lockhart, Texas. She also dreams of handsome wrangler Bailey Garner, her ardent but inconsistent beau. The problem is, with Bailey's poor prospects, she just can't fit the two dreams together.
Then mysterious stranger Edward Pierrepont sweeps into town--and her life--and for the first time Molly wonders if she's met the man who can give her everything. But he won't be in Lockhart long and while he talks about their glorious future together, she can't quite get Bailey out of her mind.
What's a girl to do with all these decisions when love is in the balance?
* * * * * * * *
I wasn't to sure what sort of story I was in for, after reading the first paragraph of Ms. Jennings "Love in the Balance."
"After all God has done for me, I still can't live in holiness. This week I harbored thoughts of impatience toward my husband."
What's this? A public confessional? What in the world.
As it turns out, I was in for a very interesting ride.
I'll admit to struggling to like Miss Molly at times, I can understand wanting to make "your guy" jealous, but going as far as marrying another guy is a bit much! There was more to it than that, but honestly the thought processes of these women boggle my mind a bit.
Are there people who really think like this for real, for real?
Edward seemed swarmy the entire time he was "on stage" if you will, there times when you want to root for the second love interest, or are conflicted between the two, but not in this case. It was a solid no go on Mr. Pierrepoint.
I really enjoyed getting to know Bailey, and I really don't think Molly deserved him. He matured and grew steadily nice guy, even with his "mistake" he learned from it and moved on. She seemed to be a bit more slow on the uptake, but eventually got there.
I gave this book four out of five stars because it was entertaining, felt a connection with some of the characters, and I couldn't put it down!
I received a copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment