Today was my early day. A alarm-goes-off-a-6AM sort of early. Though I loathe mornings, I have found that getting off around 7-8PM isn't that much fun either. While I dread mornings, I drag myself up and haul my lazy self into work every other day; or whenever they decide to schedule me early.
It rained all day, by the time I headed home that afternoon, water was already forming ponds in neighboring yards, and I could feel the wheels of my car catch on some particularly heaving spots. Driving in rain almost scares me as much as driving in icy conditions.
I stayed home long enough to let the dogs out and figure out what groceries I need to purchase; before changing out of my scrubs and heading to W.al-Ma.rt. Can't rightly say why I took the time to do that, seeing as how no one dresses up to go to Wa.l-Ma.rt.
However, I am so tired of wearing a uniform, that I take every opportunity to dress in "normal" clothes I can. It took me about an hour and a half to get in and out of that black hole. I went in for supplies to make chicken salad, sweet potato fries, and a new recipe from the pioneer woman... I came OUT with all of the above, plus:
- Supplies for a pinterest project I've wanted to try
- Hangers for all my new clothing purchases lately
- Two new scarves I just "couldn't pass up"
- A new pajama set that was on clearance for $3
- A new dog coat that was on clearance for $5
And that's just what I decided to keep after all the other things I put back. I was proud of myself and you should be too. I have a serious addiction to scarves guys and WM is not helping it buy having them so cheap.
Even reminding myself of the fact that I spend 99.9% (or so it feels) in either a uniform or pajamas doesn't quell that urge.
Its five minutes after 11 now.
How in the world did that happen?
I really want to curl up in bed and try to work my way through the 20 books I checked out from the library. Especially since they are due tomorrow.
But here I stand, my MacBook sitting on my ironing board, placed as close to the window as possible so as to maximize the wifi signal from my gracious, but ignorant neighbors.
(Ignorant to the fact that I'm using their wifi I mean.)
I still have chicken to transform into a salad for lunch tomorrow. Done!
There are still a bunch of dishes to wash.
I still need to wash my hair.
Its not going to happen tonight.
Too much work, and effort.
My iPhone's shuffle is cracking me up. Sara Barellis just told me she wouldn't write me a Love a song, but Selena Gomez jumps right in behind her and tells me she Loves Me Like a Love Song... and she keeps hitting re-pea-pea-pea-pea-peat
The time is now 1:07AM.
I'm propped on my pillows, stuck in this awkward position as my dog decided that my leg made a good body pillow. Literally.
I'm going to bed now world.
Until we ramble again!

No comments:
Post a Comment