10.07.2012

Challenging Myself

This week, I'm challenging myself to live in the moment, in the hour, in the day. Here's the thing,  when I do something big like start a new job for instance, I have a tendency to stress myself out majorly over things that are really small in the grand scheme of this thing we call life.

Things such as:

  • What people think about me. 
  • Making mistakes. (inevitable seeings as how I'm learning something new) 
  • Over Achieving and Making mistakes.
  • Under achieving and getting talked to. 
  • Messing up your new uniforms with melted lip balm, and wondering how badly you'll get yelled at. 
  • Getting yelled at period. 

Friday I made a mistake, and didn't do something I was supposed to. I forgot in the busyness of the evening, and didn't remember until early Saturday morning. (nooot the best way to start your morning) I proceeded to stress about it every chance I got, thus ruining a perfectly good day (when I wasn't busy running any how)

Not to mention, while cleaning my new uniform shirts, I forgot to check my skirt pockets and wound up melting a thing of lip balm in the dryer.. all over one of the shirts. [cue more stress]

Sunday I woke up with this determination. Worrying about it won't change the outcome. Its going to ruin another perfectly good day, and give me unnecessary anxiety on Monday.

Monday I'll go in, own up to my mistakes and face the ACTUAL consequences then.

I am refusing NOW to let another job, consume my non-work life.
With God's help.

One week down. Many more to go!

erin leigh

No comments: