6.18.2012

C25K- Week 2 [COMPLETE]

via
Wooo! Week 2 is on the books people, as hard as the last run was, I'm really happy to have completed two weeks of this. This week, we had more life obstacles to navigate around, our church's VBS was all week, which meant our runs were later, we had to change days twice, and we even added another person to our group. 
This week, I was able to force myself into bed quicker, but still found myself wide awake (...♫ ♬ yeah I was in the dark, and i was falling hard, wtih an open heart....♫ ♬) around 1AM. I wish I were up to running in the morning. Maybe this week we can try a "bit" earlier in the day. Maybe running buddy?? 



Week 2 
Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk. Alternate 1 1/2 minutes of jogging and 2 minutes of walking for a total of 21 minutes.


Week 2 Day 1 - Walk/Run
Duration00:31:00Pace00:13:49  Distance 2.22 miles 
Great run. Back at my parents house, added a friend for this one, so we weren't going as fast. 

Week 2 Day 2 - Walk/ Run 
Duration00:31:00Pace00:13:49  Distance 2.22 miles 
Recently we had a veteran's cemetery built about a mile down the road, So my amazing friend(s) thought, flat paved area = great running place. I don't get spooked easily about things, but I can admit running at 10:30PM in a cemetery didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sure there were four of us in all but.. Anywho. I felt really good after this run, despite being sore from sprinting around BARE FOOT during a game of capture the flag at VBS the previous day. I can honestly say, running shoes are worth their weight in gold.  


Week 2 Day 3 - Walk/Run
Duration 00:31:00   Pace 00:13:21  Distance 2.29 miles 
Horrible horrible run. I don't know if its because we ate right before running, or what but jogging/running was incredibly difficult this night. I felt as if I'd never run anywhere before, gasping for breath, cramping 

This week we learned: 
  • Never eat more than an hour before a run !! 
  • Have things lined up to get in bed immediately upon returning home.
  • Perhaps find some exercise to do on off days.

erin leigh

No comments: