11.01.2011

Lies I Tell Myself

"This blog is about me, for me, by me." 
"I don't really care if I'm not a popular blogger" 


Perhaps lies is a strong word to use, but the truth is I want to believe those statements so badly.. but I can't. Its not that I WANT to be a "popular" blogger, in the sense of having tons of followers and comments, but more so that I was hoping this blog would spark a community OUTSIDE of me being a puppy raiser. 


My puppy raising blogs have a large following, and have stayed pretty active mainly because its an easy thing to relate too. I've formed friendships through my puppy raising blog that I've been able to maintain throughout the years that I've been doing this, and its been great!  


I guess I was looking more so for that with this blog as well... 


Personal blogs are harder, because the content is going to be much more subjective to the authors life style, and likes and dislikes. 


Then on the other side, I feel disloyal to my friends in "real life", shouldn't they be enough? Why aren't they "enough"?  Don't get me wrong, they are, I love the girls in my life at the moment, God placed them there and I plan to do NOTHING to push them away. 


BUT.


Maybe that's why I don't have a big "internet" following. Perhaps I just need to focus on them and forget trying to be the next internet sensation. 


...cause we all know I'm too lazy to make that happen...!


I realize I can't make people like me, and perhaps that is another reason as too why I don't have more of a kinship, I refuse to do things JUST to get people to "like me". When I feel myself going in that direction, I back off my blogs. If you don't like who I am now, than tough. 


(or so I tell myself) 


Could I improve in some areas? Sure. 
In the words of the Volunteers Head Football Coach, Derrick Dooley "What is the smallest room? A Mushroom. What is the biggest room? Room for Improvement."  


However, I get the feeling that my main focus needs to be on things outside of the internet. Ultimately that is what will matter. 


The End.




...This pep talk was brought to you by "Erin". 
For more information on how you can get your own personal "Erin Pep Talk" Please contact us at 1-800-252-UwishUknew. 

No comments: