12.02.2010

My Writing

Reverb10: Writing
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)


Truthfully, I believe I'm my biggest hindrance to my writing. I have all these great ideas in my head, but when it comes to writing them down...I get distracted.


Typically it takes me about a day to write one post... simply due to the fact that I'm trying to do an gazillion other things at the same time. It starts small, first I'll leave the dashboard screen to go edit my photos to be uploaded, then I'll see something that reminds me I need to check __fill in the blank____ on Amazon.com, from their I'll start browsing their book section, then my phone will let me know I have a new email, and I'll go check that; effectively forgetting I was even writing a blog post. 


By the time I happen to click on the tab, housing my draft...the idea, the passion, the thought..is long gone, and I'm left trying to put the pieces of that post back together again.


When I am able to learn to focus...or the internet dies, one or the other, I'm 85% I would be a better writer. 

No comments: