11.22.2010

November 22: Posting about Posting


I’m about two hours into my work day, and have completed my morning activities for the most part. My next thought, of course, was thinking up a blog post for the 22nd of November. For some of you, blogging comes easily; you seem to have no problem, coming up with a topic, blogging about that one.topic and sounding very intelligent and put together about that one.topic.

You must know, some of us sit in the audience and weep over our lack of fluidity.  (I was so about to write flowativity #lame) In my defense, I am very much random like this in real life…I am what I am.

After going back and forth between, being completely random, and only somewhat random, I think I’ve decided to go with…a topical post.

Come back tomorrow and it may just be completed.
No ok, fine I’m going to try this.


First Pick A Topic:

*2 hours later….

YeahNo. I’ve got nothing.


No, that’s not true, I have about a gazillion things I wanted to write about but am hesitant, due to the whole…staying-on-one-topic-and-making-sense-while-doing-it, thing. That and I don’t want to offend…in the sense that people never want to speak to me again offended. It’s also hard to also convey your words in a text format, the way YOU want them to be taken. However if it takes getting people offended in order to get comments….I may be willing to do that.

I’m a very hard person to offend…probably because I’m so busy trying to analyze why the person is trying to offend me, that I miss the offensive statement. But…just because I’m not offended, doesn’t mean that I like what you did or didn’t say to me. And more often than not, I’ll let you know.  In a very nice, quiet but firm way. I’ve learned the hard way that attitudes grow quickly if things are allowed to simmer.

Sure, I’ve done my share of offending, my habit of not thinking before I speak, or being overly sarcastic… has gotten me in trouble many a time…and God and I are working on that little personality trait. But there are some people who I just can’t not offend, and in one sense I have given up trying with them. “If you don’t know who I am by now, we’re never going to get anywhere”.

Then I get around people who aren’t trying. At all.

And I go back to the drawing board and work on another plan to “keep Erin from offending someone”.

Yes I’m all for you being yourself, but if that means hurting and putting down other people..then no thank you. Plus it is my belief that that’s not the real “you” coming out. Any who, but that’s another topic.

Things that will offend me: Talking bad about my family, putting down my feelings about something, devaluing my opinions about things, talking bad about disabled people. Those are things that I more than likely will not be happy about, and probably will have to spend some serious “God Time” before approaching you again. Just…keepin it real.

Other subjects will make my blood pressure rise, but I can discuss them without getting angry or upset about it, mainly because I can understand the motive on the other side of the argument. 

Eh.Sort of.

Abortion, Gay Marriage, Dog Training Techniques, Religion, Politics…TSA Pat Downs, just to name a few..However talking to other people about these things, is almost impossible if they are not “on your side”. Here’s a funny fact: people get angry very.very.easily. I feel strongly about every.single. one of these topics, but not enough to get angry/offended about it.
Anger. In my opinion. Is an extremely useless emotion. Seriously what good comes out of being angry? Tell me that, and perhaps I’ll subscribe to that feeling more often. But Probably not.

One hour of work to go…

You really don’t want to know how many times I’ve deleted and re-written this post at this point. However I knew I needed to post about something besides school.

Have I stayed on topic? Who knows. I do know that I need to get off of here so I can go home and rob my account to pay my bills.


Gragh.


Money is another topic I need to write about.


Peace Peoples. 


~E

No comments: