Now I'm a very picky eater, but when I find things I like, at restaurants and such I like to see if I can find a recipe so I can make it at home. O'Charley's has THE BEST Loaded Baked Potato Soup. THE BEST. And this is from a person who does.not.like.soup. End of story.
So I've been searching online for a recipe that came close to acheiving their soup, and while I'd tried one earlier this year (it was horrible) I found another and combined it with one I used last time, and this time it was awesome! Even my family loved it! That's saying a lot people.
So without further ado, I give to you: Erin's Potato Soup as derived from here and here.
2 Large Baking Potatoes
1/2 cup Butter (I used Earth Balance)
4 tbls Flour
1/2 cup Butter (I used Earth Balance)
4 tbls Flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup shredded cheddar Cheese
Bacon bits
1 tsp salt
Bacon bits
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
1 cup half-and-half
Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until cooked.
In a separate pot, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.Here I added a handful of cheese and mixed in. Add salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream, bacon bits and extra cheese; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
In a separate pot, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.Here I added a handful of cheese and mixed in. Add salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream, bacon bits and extra cheese; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
It was a really simple recipe and great for those cool winter days! I'm so excited with how it came out! :)
These little things make me happy. :)


1 comment:
hey I actually have the O Charley's recipe for their soup. Ping me or FB me if ya want it - I need to dig it up. Wanna say it used Velveeta, ande a lot of half n half. Yours looks lovely - nice n rich n thick!
Post a Comment