9.03.2010

Ode to JPEGs

Today (Sept. 3, 2010) I learned:
  • JPEG files are the polaroids of our day, and that we are never to shoot anything with them. 
  • My school doesn't have Sony's 50mm 1.4 lens. Which made me really really really sad. 
  • When taking portraits of men, always have them tilt their heads towards their lowest shoulder and never holding it high.
  • When taking portraits of women, have them put all their weight on one hip and lean forward slightly. Positioning their hips further away from the camera, which makes them LOOK less....um..weighter
  • There is no such thing as a non-photogenic person, just a person whose never had a good photo taken of them. 
  • I will need to purchase at least six thumb drives/flash drives. Seriously!? That's like $60 in just memory cards!?! I have a couple from last year but I mean.....geez louise! 
  • That I like my Photography II and Digital Imaging and Work Flow Instructor....but not so much my studio photography teacher
  • I probably won't enjoy studio photography so much. Just sayin.
  • Yay for Using Photoshop! 

1 comment:

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I'm just learning Photoshop, and wow it's hard!! Thanks for the tips on posing men and women...although, i'm not a fan of studio photography either!!!