9.16.2010

Has This Ever Happened to you?


Just another Thoughtless Thursday


Let’s play a little game called: “Have You Ever!”

Let’s set the scene. Its 7:08AM Thursday morning, your snuggled under a mountain of blankets, one dog curled up on against my side, one dog somewhere else on the bed, and another dog at the foot of the bed, hoping you won’t know that he’s violated his “NO BED” rule. The alarm clock starts chiming (believe me when I say those chimes could wake the dead) and you absent mindedly smack the large snooze button. You pick up your phone to see what the “real” time is (as your alarm clock is about 45 minutes fast) and your eyes resume there previo………

The alarm chimes again, and this time dog #3 hops of the bed and whines at the door, despite encouraging him to come back and lay on his bed, he is insistent and you stumble out of bed, to take him outside. You watch in alarm as he seems to have a bad case of diarrhea, and your mind explodes with questions. What in the world? Where is he going to stay while at work? Should I live him alone? What about class? Nah I should keep him with me, he obviously can hold it a little bit, but what if that’s too long? Should I feed him? OH man I know why he’s like this! (I have a neighbor who throws out her chips/bread/whatever for the birds. I hate to break it too her that no bird is scarfing down that food!)

You come back inside, and watch as your dog gulps down the bowl of water in the kitchen, your brain coming a little more awake with each passing moment. Unfortunately its not awake enough to keep you out of your bed for just a few. Minutes. More. Once the alarm goes off for a third time, you realize that this is pointless and climb out of bed, and start getting dressed. You glance at the clock (7:28am!?!) you know you have to leave the house at 7:30am so you are jolted out of your morning stupor and start prying the other two dogs out of bed, (I swear its like having kids sometimes) and send them outside, your roommate finally gets out of the bathroom, and you dash in to grab your hair supplies. This is one time you’ll be doing your hair at the locker room at work. Again.  Dogs come inside, dogs get arranged around the house, with the “sick” one in the kitchen (easy clean up) and the other two in the rest of the house, water, here, food there.

You remember you need to get gas, and beat yourself up for not doing that yesterday. You head for your car….*Snap* you forgot my USB drive for school, grab that, ok purse..where’s your purse? Oh in the car. Dumb (insert name). Dash outside. Wait no purse. Oh, you must have taken it inside anyway!  (Note this house is very organized so it’s not hard to find things. Most of the time) Run into your bedroom and check the places you normal store  your bag, hmmm not there, what not there either? Must be out in the Living Room, though you don’t remember seeing it, psht. you don’t remember bringing it in the house period! Its gotta be here somewhere, check Kitchen chairs, table,  sink, Nothing. Desk, under the desk, dog room, roommates room…NOTHING. Begin feeling a slight sense of panic, as you realize the possibility of it being stolen, is very high. It has happened to you before, but you’re normally conscious of those things… surely not God! Deep breaths, glance at the time 7:50am?? You are so late. Email boss from phone as you dash back out too the car to look, check in the trunk, stranger things have happened…nothing. Walk back towards the house and suddenly realize…you know EXACTLY where your purse is. At work. Outside. Behind a wall.

Panic for real now, and scramble to check your bank account, as you rush to your parent’s house to borrow some money for gas.

You Head for work, rushing as much as your $3 worth of gasoline, praying the entire time, that by some miracle your purse is still outside; simultaneously thanking God it didn’t rain last night, and you had the presence of mind to take your cell phone with you! (Did I mention said cell phone now works?)

As you pull into your parking garage, you let out a happy scream as you see your black purse still sitting in the bushes were you left it, as you jump out to grab it you notice your co-worker waiting to pull in, snickering at you. You don’t care however, and are just overjoyed to have your belongings back with you.

The End.

Things like this don’t happen to anyone else but me do they? Please tell me it doesn’t!!?

A little background:
Well due to the accident, my father had an appointment made with the insurance company, to get an estimate done. However I didn’t find out that was going to happen yesterday (Wednesday) until late Tuesday evening. So we came up with the plan to have my mom take me to work, and get all that done, and pick me up. She got a little turned around downtown, so I stood outside of the parking garage trying to “walk her” through the streets, and back out of the area she was in. While this was going on, I set my purse down behind a concrete wall, so it wouldn’t be readily seen. My mom came; I walked towards the car got in, and drove away. I am sooo incredibly thankful that everything was still in there, especially since theft is high at the university. Oh yes, and good news! THE CELL PHONE IS ALIVE!!! The rice bath worked, and you would never know it had a problem! $200 that stays in my bank account!!! :)


This week Meme’s (I seem to be doing just a few a week, gotta study ya know) is brought you by Murdocks Mama 

Just Thursday!

Outside my window……well since I don’t have a window, I don’t really know, but outside my door my co-workers are walking around.
The time is…….11:25AM
Today I feel……Tired. Despite getting 7.5 hours of sleep last night (according to my SleepBot App)
I am thinking..…..my office feels like a cave. We have to keep my office door closed, since it houses the fire suppression system *don’t ask* and since there is no windows its weird in here. I was also thinking something else but I forgot.
At the moment, I am thankful..……….That my purse wasn’t stolen, and that my phone is working!!!
I am going…to classes after work
I am wearing………Work Uniform and Coat. Yes Coat.
I wish…………I could go back to bed
I am reading…… “The Geography of Bliss”
I am working on………Weekly Newsletter for company
I am hoping……Next week goes ok
I am hearing………The hum of the huge A/C system
I bet you didn't know..…I set up a Tumblr site for my daily photos
One of my favorite……???
I confess………I’m really not looking forward to next week.

Weekend Plans.. 
[Thursday]  -Work – Run Home – Class #1 – Class #2
[Friday] Class and more Class grocery shop
[Saturday] – Work at Church in preparation for event next week, nap
[Sunday] – Church, nap, prep for coming week.

Well I'm off 1.5 hours to get home, get Pompeii, clean up the mess he left while I was gone, decide if I should take him into public like this, and leave for classes. Speaking of class, I leave you with Assignment #2 for my Photography II class. 





1 comment:

Murdock's mama said...

That sleep bot thing sounds cool. Where did you get it? I would love to know how much sleep I am really getting. Does it also keep track of the number of times you wake up or flip over? I'm pretty sure I'm not getting 'good' sleep!! Thanks for playing along. Enjoy your weekend...and don't dread next week too much! :)
MM