5.20.2010

Summer Break: Week 2

Now that I’ve revived from my post-school-funk, I am really starting to enjoy having nothing to do. Week 1 was pretty emotional for me, depressing really; there were also a lot of other things going on in my life that didn’t help out my mental state, but God and I got a real good talk in Friday and I determined to let go and let God and he’s defiantly helped fight and win since then.

I can see this being the second most nerve racking summer of my life, as I seek direction as to what I’m supposed to do this year. Financial Aid was finally sent my way, though I haven’t received anything just yet, which was a huge relief off my back at first, but as time has progressed I am beginning to realize that I can’t stay at my current job.
It’s tough because I really, really, like my job, my co-workers, etc.. but I am barely making enough to cover the few bills that I have. Then I receive a phone call, technically I called her, but it sounds more dramatic this way. My mom had been talking to our insurance agent about an issue, they got that resolved yada, yada, yada, and then the agent starts asking questions.

Note to self, if insurance agents starts asking question find some way to remove yourself from the conversation.

To surmise the situation, the insurance company didn’t have me down as the primary driver on my dad’s car, which at the time I was placed on the policy I wasn’t, so they adjusted that status and guess what?! That action added $50 to my low $45 a month payment. To panic or not to panic is the current question, though they haven’t raised it just yet, it’s only a matter of time. At this time I believe “Nationwide is on your side” will be who I go with as for me their rate would only be $50 a month which I can totally handle.

But it also brings the startling reality that I.Am.Broke. I guess I should be happy that I’m finally getting into the full role of a college student, but I’m not seeing much to laugh about. Thus begins the question of what to do now. I can get another part time job in the summer, but how is that going to help me when school starts again? Or I can look for a full time position which will cut me out of going to class fulltime and receiving financial aid.

Or I can get a full time job that is similar to my current position where I can do homework around my other work… Which then limits the places I can apply to; or…um..nope I’m out of ideas here. Now you should know something about me, I am very picky as to where I apply to work. First because well …(and this may be a totally lame reason) I want to have a chance that I can continue working with service dogs, so that cuts me out of the Food and Retail Industries. Second would be the people, I’m going into interviews looking around at people, how they greet me, how they respond to each other if I can help it I do not want to get back into drama city.

Though with my track record I’m due for another drama filled job *sobs*.
• First Job = 2 women owners, 2 women managers, 4 women employee’s and a gay guy = D.R.A.M.A  When you are starting to dream about your job and are almost getting physically sick on the way to work in the morning...its time to move on.
• Second Job = Husband and Wife owned/managed, 3 girls = No Drama, Great Bosses very fair, awesome co-workers albiet a bit crazy at times. 
• Third Job = 1 woman owned/managed/dictated……yeah I’ll let you feel in the blanks= DRRAAMMMAA -Granted that was the one job where I actually LOVED my work and my co-workers. I do miss the WORK a lot, but not the heavy amounts of stress.
• Fourth Job = Corporation still some drama, but none involving me or those that I work with. So nice to come home and not think about your job until you get their the next morning
• Fifth Job = Who knows????

Thirdly would be flexibility, I’ve probably changed my schedule at least every three months during my time here, they have been awesome about working with my school and other job schedule (at the time) and I’ve been LOVING having my weekends free.

Oh. HA and I guess pay would rank up there between 1 and 2.

But the biggest thing I guess that’s “holding me back” is my parents reaction to me telling them that I was considering leaving, my current place of employment. Let’s just say it wasn’t “excitement” that greeted my pronouncement. And while I will ultimately make my own decision….I do value their opinions, (I can actually admit that now without cringing NEVER TELL THEM THAT would ruin my credibility) plus they get to listen to my job rants…However I think we’ve gotten to the point where I don’t really have a choice anymore.

So the Job hunts begins.

In other news, I have gotten Way tired of eating frozen food and decided to try a simple recipe from the The Pioneer Woman’s Cook Book.
See! They even look like hers!!
I rarely follow cooking directions to the "T", so I added in some of Emeril's BAM BURGER seasoning, which spiced it up!


And since this is officially the longest post I’ve ever written…on this blog.. I will end it.
Tata!
Erin

1 comment:

Stephany said...

I'm going through the same thing. Well, I could stay at my job but I'm not really happy and I don't feel like I'm utilizing my skills enough. Luckily, I live with my mom so I don't have to support myself. I just have to find a job that would be flexible with school and I really want a job where I don't have to work weekends, because I LOVE having weekends free!

Good luck on your job search!