5.06.2010

I can perceived as a quiet person, but I'm not...

The below posts happen when I start posting for myself, and not worrying about what people will think. sort of. 
I know I'll probably loose followers, but...yeah.. I'll get over the rejection. *sniff* :)


Something I've been thinking of a lot lately. I want people to see me how I want them to see me, then after that I don't care what they think about that image of me. Did that make any sense?
Basically I do care, but I really don't. 
I haz confidence. 


This semester one of my "filler" courses I took was General Sociology. I will be the first to admit to you that I was not happy about "wasting" my time with this class and was more than determined too dislike it the entire way through.

Well as much as it pains me to say this, I do think I learned some valuables lessons while there, but more so towards the end. What was it you ask? Well that I have a lot of feministic...qualities.. I don't want to be perceived as a "weak female" or that I have to do such and such because "society" says that the way it should be. I also feel strongly about being portrayed as a sex object.

If you can't tell by now, I do not dress the way most of society dresses. I wear skirts. All the time.
(Weeeirrrdddd. I know right? Seriously why would a GIRL want to where skirts all the time!?!? )And for a while when asked why I did this.. my standard answer and belief was because its the way I felt God would have me dress and because well I just happen to LIKE wearing skirts. But now I have been given a little more incite as too the WHY, God places an emphasis on dress.

Believe or not media plays a strong part in how we women feel we should, look, act and the way we portray ourselves..and when I say media I'm really saying men.  Go through your store circulars, all the women are thin, pretty, clear skinned, and look great. Make up ads, the women are half naked, heavily made up, and has some sort of sultry look on her face.

Are we as women not more than that?! Can we not look good because of who we are? Why is it all about sex??? Why is all about pleasing men in the physical sense?

Oh good grief, see I'm on a soap box here.
I had to write a paper about this. 
I know what I'm talking about. (heehee)
Have  you ever seen Killing Us Softly 3? 
Google it. 

Anyway God showed me that  I dress the way I dress, so that people know that I'm not only a woman, but someone who respects herself enough, to be comfortable covering up. I don't want to expose myself...because who is it REALLY for...me? Why would I want to see more of me? SERiously? So I'm going to wear my skirts, wear two shirts if its too low, and LoVe It.
Thanks God! Sometimes ya just need a reminder or two.

Just my opinions feel free to make em' yours. 
::GRINS::


P.S - Just a reminder, this post or any of my posts are not judging anyone, just letting you into a little part of my brain, what I'm thinking about for myself. 

No comments: