4.13.2010

I think I like Monday's

Give me a couple weeks and I might be able to tell you why.

The Weekend
My weekend starts on Fridays at 10:35AM.
An awesome feeling.
Pompei and I decided to check out a local dog park,and he had a blast...for the 10 minutes we were there. I had some shopping to do, and can't afford to bring a wet dirty puppy into stores. (We are not allowed to leave them in our vehicles)

We then went to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby so I could get some more of those metal dresses; and then headed to Mckay's Bookstore for the next hour or so.
Poor Pomp was completely exhausted after all this.

Or so I hoped.

Later on I met my friends at our favorite hangout/study and we stayed there for a while.

Saturday, my sister disappeared with the car for 4 hours.
I'm starting to understand how a parent feels, I was biting some serious nailage waiting for the car  her to arrive home in one piece. (She's only been driving solo for about a month or so, and does not have a cell phone).
When the scuffed and hub-cap-less vehicle turned into my driveway, I knew my suspicions had been correct. Now I love my sister but...how shall I say this... observation of things about her, isn't a strong suit of hers. In other words...she doesn't know where she's going for the most part. 
When I talked to her, Friday we'd discussed where she was going to go, and how long she'd be gone. (Hey when you're the oldest of six, you tend to take on some "mothering" qualities, plus I really need that car to stay intact for at least the next few months.)

Well, being 18 she decided to make her own plans, and visit a library that neither she, nor I had visited. (She's also obsessed with the library) Well...she really wasn't paying attention to her directions, and left the house headed the wrong way.
And somehow managed to drive about an hour away from her course; thankfully some kind soul gave her directions back..which she did, but not before running the car off the road.

Thankfully no...permanent.... damage to the car was sustained.
And Robyn was fine too.

Did I mention I'm adopting all my kids when they are 20?

I'm thankful there wasn't a steep drop off or telephone pole in the way.

Sunday - Did my second ever photo shoot with a family from our church. A Nerve racking experiment for me, but one of my biggest critiques viewed them, and said they liked them... so gives me hope the family will like them as well. There's a reason why I want to be  pet photographer...they dont' have opinions. haha.
Then I took the dogs to a park, we all sweated our heads off, came home took a nap before getting ready for the evening service at church.
Eathan & Anna
Eathan Ignores the Camera
So yes, very uneventful but pleasant. My favorite kind! :)

2 comments:

Stephany said...

I love those photos! Those kids are adorable. :)

My weekend starts at 12:00pm on Fridays so I'm right there with ya! Fridays are fantastic!

~SHANNON~ said...

Those are great photos! I'd love to learn more about taking beautiful photos...such a great skill! Also love the camera angles you used.

PS. Glad your sis was ok:)