I'm a complete bundle of nerves due to at least three situations that were being held in the balances as I waited for someone Else's decisions on them. I can barely remember what day it is, and I'm trying to adjust to having a new supervisor at my job.
For some reason I woke up at 7am, and didn't even try to crawl back in bed. (Cause I transferred myself, pillow, blanket and dogs to the couch) I should have than realized this day was starting off with an odd quality too it. But it didn't even cross my mind, as I got myself and the dogs ready for another work day.
On the way to work I get a call it was my school's number so I hurried to grab it, and keep the car going in the right direction. But by the time I grabbed it, the person had already reached voice mail.
It was the director of disabilities at PSTCC, and they wanted to know what student I was working my dogs with, and if I could get in contact with them etc...etc...
?!?
Uh, no...I attempted to call her back right away, but once again got a voice-mail. Grrrr. I gave up and decided I would look up her email address when I got to work, and email her. I sent a long detailed explanation of what I do, and why I was contacting their office.
(Basically I was just letting them know I was going to be on their campus on a regular basis, and wondered if they minded contacting my teachers, as that's what they did at AB-TECH. I was asking to bring the dog, since TN has this lovely law, which gives us puppy raiser the same access as fully trained guides.)
Once again I was sent an email asking which student I was working with.....and to which law was I referring too? So I once again plainly stated what it was I was doing, provided the links and that they wanted.
Welll.....They haven't ever worked with a student that had a service dog, and didn't have a disability? But she said she'd forward it to their ADA and Security Guard People.
Haven't heard from them since.
After work, I decided to get some shopping therapy in, before I had to run home, and get ready for choir practice. So I'm browsing through J.C. Penny's clearance stuff, when I get a call from my mother reminding me to pay for my classes, as the deadline was that day. I had until 6:30PM to get that done...it was about 4 pm at that time, so I hurried a little bit more, bought six shirts, and headed home.
The dogs needed exercise, so before I checked my class balances, I ran them for about 30 minutes, reveling in the fact, that we could be out there without getting frostbite.
When I finally sat down and went to confirm my attendance(aka pay for my classes)...I was in for a shock.Apparently I was classified as an out of state student, and there were some fees as a result of that. Something to the tune of $4k+ (btw WHY do they use a k to represent a thousand!?)
Plus the $1,000k of other fees.
Mega Panic Session, calls to my mom, the Cashiers Office, Records office, back to my parents...Apparently since I hadn't lived in TN for two consecutive years, I didn't qualify as an in state student. BUT I could prove my residency if my parents had claimed me as a dependent on their taxes. And I could get it to them by Tuesday, and still be able to confirm my attendance.
More phone conversations.
Nope. They sure enough hadn’t….
"Well we can set you up with a payment plan; you can pay half now, and two more payments later."
!?!?!?
By this time, we had other things to attend to, and since we were given a little more leeway to think things through. I got up and went about my evening.
I can’t really say that I was stressed or even worried really. I know God is in control, and I know the steps he’s lead me to take up until this point. I was confident that he was going to make a way. Because that’s his specialty ya know!? But the thing was, I knew we had to take some action as well…but where what was the right one!?
Tuesday morning, I got up early, and got back on the phone with the school. Between my mother and I , we were able to get find out that one of the ladies, that was so helpful to my mom last year, was at the Magnolia Campus. So we both jumped into our respective vehicles and headed to that campus. My mom made it before I did. (Hey had to feed the baby lunch, and get the other dogs potty’ed before I could leave), and was able to get into the ladies office JUST before a line started forming down the hallway. (A God thing for sure. Anyone want to argue?)
Anyway when Pompei and I arrived, they’d already come up with a plan, to prove my residency. Since I’d filed my taxes to a TN address that would be enough to prove I’d been here. *wooooooshhh* Huge sigh of relief. I could pay the other fee, until FA came through, with the O.O.S. fee gone.
We kind of dazedly followed our “angel” out of her office, as she took Pompei to see some of her co-workers. Then I tore home to get that information, gave it to my mom, who was than took it out to the main campus and give it directly to the Records person. (Hey I had to work or i would have done it)
Three hours later, that deed was done, and the fees taken off my account. And as of today I have confirmed my attendance and am several hundreds of dollars poorer. (Good-bye Pontiac Vibe *sniff*)
Woooooooooooooooooot!!!
And it gets better!
Today I received a lovely email from the ADA office, stating that Pompei would indeed be allowed in the campus as the law states, and I just needed to bring my “credentials” and a list of my instructors and they would let everyone involved know that there would a dog in their class.
Wow!
It feels silly to be stunned when you asked God to do something and he does, but indeed I am.

1 comment:
Crazy! Glad it all got figured out!
Post a Comment