I briefly thought about hitting some stores, but didn't feel that it was worth it. They were running some sales on Wednesday when I ran out, during my lunch break, and I'd picked up somethings there. Plus I really needed my money for this trip; so I slept through that thought.
We would have been on the road pretty quickly, had the vets office not taken forever and a day, to get my paperwork processed, cheated me out of $170 due to unnecessary charges, and get the dogs into their little temp homes. Oh well, its my fault for not planning ahead and getting them into a real boarding facility.
The trip its self was event-less, which after my last trip was AWESOME! My "dear sister Kristen" did send us to the wrong Hotel, but thankfully it was only about 5 miles away from the place we needed to be, so we made it in good time.
Since the morning service was well over, most of the (300-400 crowd) had dispersed for lunch, and there we're a paltry few left in the ginormous lobby of the Renaissance.
Some of whom being my close friends from, well...as close to birth as you can call friendship! One of them couldn't leave the hotel, so we hauled our luggage to our room, (on the 8th floor) and then ordered pizza in.
We talked, laughed, played Dutch Blitz, road the glass elevator from the 9th floor to the 1st floor, than back up to the 8th floor, then back to the 3rd...I other words; had a great time.
Random Fact About Me: I HATE Elevators. (Claustrophobia, breaking down etc..) The fact they were glass helped some...in making my stomach, crawl into my throat as we descended.There was a wedding going on in one of the Ballrooms, so my friend Brittany and I casually strolled down, and glanced in as we walked by. We rounded a corner and realized that some of the doors had peep holes in them...hehe....
Other friends came back from lunch so we chatted with them for a while, and watched the reception for the wedding get set up; they had a beautiful ice sculpture for their center piece.
We then went up to our floor, to watch for the bride and groom. Unfortunately we were disappointed, but we did watch the party goers for a while.
The Service was awesome, and thought provoking. But I came away know a little bit more about myself and God.
It was about 10:30 when the service ended, and of course everyone was STARVING. So about 70 of us descended on Applebees. I tell you they were "excited" to see us. (Though they did call ahead) Truthfully everyone was respectful, it was noises, but there was no destruction, no one was rude, but...the service was lacking.
I completely understand that it was a big crowd, but we've to other restaurants with big crowds,and gotten great service. This time? Not so much, by the time we left at 1:30AM, there was still several tables that hadn't got their food yet.
Saturday was a blur of church,dashing out for lunch,Young People's Service, dashing up stairs, to "take a nap"....and the other service. We once again went to Applebees...different smaller group, and the service was MUCH better. We came back to the Hotel and talked for a while, before I dragged myself to my room to pack, and crash.
We drove back to reality Sunday morning. *sigh* That my friends was a great weekend.
***************
No comments:
Post a Comment