Have you ever gone through a day and not complained? I don't mean not complaining because it didn't come to your mind, but making a conscious effort not to complain?
After talking to a dear friend of mine this morning, I realized how little I have to really complain about, and resolved to go the rest of the day being grateful for what I had, and just look for the good.
Not 2 hours later, my resolve was and is being tested, due to a change in my schedule, which rearranges my entire week. As a person who really dislikes changes...even if they don't really mess up all that much...this is a slight frustration to me, but I'm finding the frustration getting larger the more I don't say anything about it.
Nothing. Because its not something that can or will be changed. So instead I will be grateful for both my jobs, I have great co-workers who have really done a lot for me this year. I will be grateful for my parents who have bent over backwards for me, I will be grateful for my friends who have done the same, I will be grateful to God who put them in my life.
After talking to a dear friend of mine this morning, I realized how little I have to really complain about, and resolved to go the rest of the day being grateful for what I had, and just look for the good.
Not 2 hours later, my resolve was and is being tested, due to a change in my schedule, which rearranges my entire week. As a person who really dislikes changes...even if they don't really mess up all that much...this is a slight frustration to me, but I'm finding the frustration getting larger the more I don't say anything about it.
- {Which makes me stop and think...do I really complain that much? And if I do complain a lot, do I ever try to counter balance that with good thoughts? Is this situation REALLY worth complaining about?? What will complaining do to make this situation better?}
Nothing. Because its not something that can or will be changed. So instead I will be grateful for both my jobs, I have great co-workers who have really done a lot for me this year. I will be grateful for my parents who have bent over backwards for me, I will be grateful for my friends who have done the same, I will be grateful to God who put them in my life.
The End.
See NOW I feel better.
1 comment:
What a wonderful thought provoking post. Thanks Erin!
Post a Comment