A subject that has been weighing heavily on my mind last week. Typically I'm a person that will give a certain amount of trust to new people in my life (co-workers, friends etc...), I have too, or I won't be able to give much respect to them as a person.
Once again I've come across another person in my life who is slowly loosing my trust; its really tearing me up because I DON'T like mistrusting people...but when my trust keeps getting chips knocked out of it, what other choice do I have but to just take it down, to preserve ME.
And like I mentioned, for me, if I don't trust a person, it takes DOUBLE the effort to respect them....I hate being in this position, but I can't really do anything about it.

P.S. - Happy "Howl-At-The-Moon-Day!" and be sure to be nice to your co-workers as tomorrow is Cranky Co-Worker Day! I'm making a list here at the office..and its getting longer as the day goes on. LOL!! =))
2 comments:
I feel you! I always want to trust people too, but sometimes it does more harm than good to trust people who will only hurt you.
I think it's smart to preserve yourself and maintain a certain level of distance. Good luck with this person!
I so know what you mean. I've been in those situations over and over again. It's heartbreaking and emotionally tormenting.
Remember that you need to take care of yourself. Just remember--- smile and nod.
Post a Comment